Thursday 9 January 2014

The Design

After doing some research for the product I have began to think of what I can do to the design to make it more appealing to the younger generation and convince them that this product is good for you to use.



This is the look of the product.


You can see the product hidden between the other products such as always. 

Firstly I looked at the colours:





Here I looked at the colours pink, purple and burgundy.   


Here for a cheat way to make logo look like a vector I changed the opticity of it so I can see how it would look on the design. When I have a final design this will be done properly. 

After rethinking my project, i decided to look at the logo again and how bland the bottle looks. I like how a water lily is seen in the logo and I think this can be a good start to think about a campaign. With a water lily they are delicate and a simple flower that lives in the water which i think is a good representative for femfresh as its a water based product.  The product overall is suppose to be used for an intimate area, I think I can use the image of the water lily as a main focus on the bottle. 


Here i choose an image of a water lily to draw from, so I can play around with the colours silver for the outline of the lily. 

I decided to go with the colours silver as it has a feminine energy, emotional, sensitive and mystery. Which I think is a good colour to use for a women's product, I also liked the idea of using burgundy which means elegance, richness, refinement, leadership, maturity and expensive. These two particular colours are a good combination as they together would represent what the product wants to represent. 


These here are the colours I thought would fit with the new image of fremfresh, I mostly like the burgundy colour as it's different and no other brand on the shelves use this colour. 


Here was the first tester for the new design and the positions i like on the bottle however i do think these to colours work well together. 




I tried out the the other two colours and I think they again both work really well however to do prefer the silver and burgundy colours. 

0.25pt thickness

Out of the designs i like these as i like how the water lily is positioned on the bottle and i also like how both silver and burgundy works together. The next step would be to see how different thickness of the outline of the lily along with finishing the bottle top, play around with the colours. 

0.75pt thickness

1pt thickness


2pt thickness



I tried out different thicknesses for the lily's on the bottle, I think the thickness 0.75pt has really worked because compared to 2pt this thickness is to big and is very overcrowding so I think 0.75pt is the best for this design. 

Looking at this design and thinking about it a bit more I think that maybe the femfresh and the lily is to much on the bottle? Im going to re-look at the designs again.


Wording






Another design part to the bottle I tried is the wording, I tried to think of something that resembled a water lily and what the brand is trying to represent to.


  • Delicate soap free wash
  • Fresh as a water lily
  • Delicate freshness wash
  • Delicate as a flower





My first thought was to just have the wording on the bottle underneath the logo however the second design I tried something different and position it differently. You can see hear the two ways I have positioned the words however i do think i need to explore this a bit more and try out a few more examples. 
I also tried the words as capitals and non capitals, I think the non capitals work more as its less harsh on the bottle which will also symbolise the product as its suppose to be a delicate cleaner for your intamite area. 






Here I wanted to go back to using the entire flower instead of using a section of the flower as I'm not sure what to use. I then again played around with wording by making it bigger and have it on a curve on the bottle. 

The last image of the bottle I again changed the thickness back to 0.75pt as I think for this design it works. 


I can see the design working on all these products not just the body wash, I think the design is very versatile to fit each with the change of a few words on each different product. Overall I think it will work well. 


After showing my tutor I have re-thought my design, I do like this design as its very simply and looking at the original bottle I think the fact that the bottle will be made to be non-opayic it has freshened up the look of the bottle. I think I need to re-think maybe the colour again? maybe? 

To really finalise the bottle I will try and find the font used for the logo so I can actually change the colour to fit in with the bottle.

Typography

To make my design a bit more modern and update with the new bottle I wanted to change the logo slightly so I decided to find the correct typography that is used in the original logo which was Corbel. With this information I'v been able to do some changes: 


Here you can see that I have played around with the distance of letters and the height of letters as well to see what new things I could do with it. After playing around with this I have picked this version:  

As I think this makes the word 'femfresh' one word whereas before it could be read as two different words. The words 'intimate hygiene' i have left capital but i have made the gap bigger so it can be read more as two words. 
On my product I think I will try out having the words in a different colour instead of the traditional different shades of blue as i think this will change the feel of the product. 




 Here I tried out  different positions on the bottle for the logo and the wording on the bottle, the two below are the ones i like as its central and is easy to read. I do like the fact the wording is before the logo however its whether people will notice the logo?


For the time being I am using these to design's, as another bit of development I wanted to see what the design would look like with different colours? because I feel after some time away from the design i feel the colours used aren't as strong. 








Here I tried out the colour green and different shades of green to see how this would change the feel of the bottle. I like the idea know that the colour green reflects the idea of freshness, i chose to look at a minty colour as well as people use the phrase minty fresh. I think this is as strong as the burgundy colour and even better as its a bit different and would stand out on the shelves because when i looked in shops i didnt see much green on the shelves. However I think this actually works for this brand because the idea of green representing freshness is a way to tell people that this is what the product offers. 


I really like these colours here as its a nice fresh colour and does well for the name. 



I chose this colour as its a more in between colour of the other two colours I liked I think this bottle and colour works a lot better than the burgundy colour as its again a fresh colour and is fits better with the brand you can almost see it on the shelf. 




No comments:

Post a Comment